Thursday, June 10, 2010

Into the Arms of Nothing

Sometimes it's easy to mistakenly apply the rules of the real world to the virtual world. (And vice-versa) There have been times when I've made that horrible mistake, which led to some pretty horrible consequences. It's funny how we can be fooled by the suspension of disbelief.

In the spirit of the Imagist poets of the early 20th century, here is a brief comment on my stupidity:

Into the Arms of Nothing

I’ve been swallowing daggers all night -
So lonely I can’t breathe

Stalkers, liars, lovers, and friends -
They’re all that lives inside me now.

Sadness chases me into the arms of nothing,
Being and needing nothing.
And I still feel guilty -
And I’m still scared to die

So if you want to yell at me,
Well I can get that at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment